Quicklime can also be hydrated with water, in a process commonly referred to as slaking, resulting in HYDRATED QUICKLIME (or calcium hydroxide), a dry free flowing powder product that is practical and efficient for many uses.
Industries which are using hydrated lime and their usage purpose:
- Lime stabilization for roadway construction,
- As an additive in HMA for multiple benefication,
- In AAC production,
- In calcium cilikate brick production,
- In concrete block and some component production to increase the its strength,
- It is using as a binder for production of the mortar and plaster, and using as a limewash to increase the workability of mortar.
* We have a brand as hydrated lime for construction markets; SUPERCALCO® http://www.supercalco.com/page.asp?id=107&langue=EN
* Kimtas Kirec's product for soil improvement ; VIACALCO® (solutions for soil improvement and embankments stabilization)
Hydrated lime is used as an additive in asphalt. Hydrated lime improves the cohesion of the asphalt binder to the aggregate particles, making the asphalt pavement less sensitive to moisture and reducing "stripping." Hydrated lime retards the asphalt aging process and improves stiffness properties. Hydrated lime helps reduce asphalt pavement rutting and increases fatigue resistance to heavy wheel loads, a cause of pavement cracking. Adding hydrated lime to asphalt significantly increases pavement life and serviceability.
Kimtas lime products for use in asphalt include:
- Hydrated lime
- Supercalco ® (natural high-calcium hydrated lime)
- Hydrated lime is using for floatation of the some ore like copper, lead, zinc as a ph regulaor and pirit supressor,
- is using as a binder for pellet of the iron ore and pellet production which has naturally contain slug.
- Hydrated lime is using for leaching gold by cyanide method as a ph regulator.
Flue Gas Treatment:
Waste Water Treatment:
- Precipitation of the solids by using hydrated lime and recovery of the alcohol, calcium lignosulfat by using HL as a filtration contributer.
- Desulphurisation of the SO2 and SO3 by using Wet and dry fgd methods,
- HCL cleaning in the waste incineration system,
- Capturing some heavy metals by using HL and active carbon.
- Calcium hypo chlorite production by reaction of the hydrated lime and Clor,
- Rafination of the citric acid,
- Some type of chemicals production by reaction of the organic and inorganic acid with HL,
- and it is used in the chrome chemicals production as a neutralizer, in the ethylene or propylene production phase.
- Decreasing the hardness degree of the carbonat in the water, decreasing the hardness degree of the other elemnets in the water lime/soda process,
- Precipitation of the solids in the water by using HL, aluminium and iron powder, neutralizing acidic water,
- Increasing the PH value in the water in order to remove bacteria and some virus.
- In the waste water treatment, precipitation of the solids in the water by using HL, aluminium and iron powder, removing phosphor and nitrogen,
- Neutralisation of the acidic water in the ındustries, precipitation of the some metal ions like iron and chrome, clarifying water in beet sugar plant.